Tuesday, November 25, 2008

WOOOAH! Rachey blogs again...........

So - get a new job and everything goes to hell... SIKE! I'm working 11 hr days, I'm dealing with 20 year old snots who needs a swift kick in the butt w/ a few weeks in real dental assisting school so they know NOT to take impressions with rock for goodness sake.... geeesh!! Anyway - I'll continue....

I got offered a job at a new, beautiful and upcoming 18 operator office in Everett - 5 min. away from my house. Heck ya I took the job!! It's had it's ups and down, and I've been cool, calm and collected 98% of the time, and we're trucking along and fine-tuning our staff - so it's gonna be great. I work along side a Dentist (Justin Yeates - NO relation to Andrea Yeates, he/I swear) who is a new graduate (2007 Go DAWGS!!). We get along great, he trust my judgment, and all in all, we make a great team. I have high hope for the future, and for the company. I have to say - not working for a dentist who "shared" a locker room with me and was caught at least 2x's a day in his really tighty-whities is sweet!! Justin is an awesome guy with good morals, A total family man with 4 kiddos. We are the same age, so that's even better.

The rest of the office staff is pretty cool for the most part. I like all management and have already seen the proof and positive effects of them removing the bad attitudes from the staff. I look at the younger girls and I think "man, I was their age 10-12 years ago, and I was smart, but I had a bad attitude - even though I was highly capable..." So I guess I'm hitting my 30's in stride. With a new outlook and a reason to tell Marc that a bad attitude gets you no where - except your butt on the couch at home!!

Stay tuned for a few lame pics (My batt was dead for the past 2 weeks and I was too busy to re-charge, or get new ones....). They're not lame, just limited!!

No comments: