Monday, October 20, 2008

An update on us, Diego and Dad Phillips

What a weekend we had! Well, really, but not really. We were laid up at home all weekend with the flu :( Grandma and Papa celebrated their 56th wedding anniversary in style. The family threw an open house for them at their house so they didn't have to leave. We didn't get to go cause Papa can not be around any germs, so needless to say, I was heartbroken... but would never want to jeopardize his health. I did get some pics from mom and Auntie Kathy, so I'm going to post them anyway. They are just precious. We are going over on Wed. to spend some time with them. We did make the most of our time this weekend. We did a lot of crafts and painting - you know how much the boys and I love crafts and painting :) Matty and Marc painted "Happy Anniversary" canvas's for GG and Papa and I think they turned out great!
Our dog Diego was hit by a car last Tuesday. We are VERY lucky that he's still with us. He's recovering well, and has a pretty bad limp, as well as severe road rash, but is coming along nicely. I'm so thankful he was not killed. The kids would of been heartbroken. Scott and I would of been too.
On a sad note - Scott's dad suffered a heart attack on Thursday morning. They found two blockages and removed one over the weekend. He is having the other one removed at Swedish. We found out yesterday that his kidney is failing. This is not good because he only has one kidney. The other was removed when he had renal cancer a few years ago. We find out later today a clearer description on the severity of his condition. Please remember him in your prayers. I firmly believe in the power of prayers, and every little one is heard and counts. Thank you.
Cutest couple ever!!
True Love
Mr. and Mrs. Earnest A. Moore

Matty's canvas he painted for GG & Papa

Marc's canvas "Lake Roesiger"
Happy 56th wedding anniversary
Papa wearing the same tie he wore 56 years ago
The cake topper from 56 years ago :)
Scott with his finished products

my penguin
Such a painter he is
Scott's snowflake
Scott's, Marc's then my penguin :)
Matty painting his Choo Choo's


Thank goodness I put down the newspaper
"WHY do you HAVE to take so many pictures? OK, I'll smile"Matty asked me to take this picture
Matty's finished ornaments










1 comment:

Georgia said...

your so crafty! what a fun mom..my kids always want to do art and i love it, but hate the mess..now your just making feel guilty!!
ps, im better now...! finally! are you guys healthy yet!