Friday, December 12, 2008

Matty's Thomas/Not so Thomas train bedroom...

OK - here's the deal... Matty LOVES Thomas the Tank Engine. I think the show is cute, but that's about it. I am not into the Bob the Builder of Clifford or Star Wars bedroom themes. I think they're tacky and a waste of $$. I decided to compromise with Matty, and I LOVE the outcome.

Since we're setting up Matt's bunk-bed next year, instead of getting him a toddler bed, I turned his crib into a makeshift one for now. It works just fine and we don't have any storage space in our little house anyway. I got him the sheet set with the comforter. Traded in the train pillow case for a plain red one, and made sure no one in the family even saw the valance was also an option... (I'm not mean, but it was just hideous). I took down all the animals and baby colored things as well as his pale green curtains and traded everything in for black and white pics and canvas's that Matty himself painted. We also got some nice crinkle navy curtains that really help the bed spread blend into the room. Considering the budget I had to work with, and the compromises made - I think the room turned out awesome....

Here's Matty Matt resting right after he got out of the tub. He has a cold so he's "resting"
This is my favorite pic. Too bad you can't see it closer. This is real. He was actually sleeping at QFC in the cart while we were visiting Auntie Donna when he was 11 months old :)
Matty's Train canvas I helped him make and his unfinished letter "M" which will be painted with Navy blue, light blue and red acrylics and hung on his wall
His new pics, new curtains and Turtle toy-box
His "Hands" canvas he did w/ only a little help by mom
Another angle of the bed and his "Colors" canvas he did all by himself







1 comment:

Georgia said...

CUTE! i love the hand painted things!! I need to let my kids do that! they look so cute!!