Sunday, December 7, 2008

Turkey Day/Auntie Rae is a baby hog and didn't share Ayla

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. It always has been. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE X-mas, and I love Fall and Winter in general, but T-day is my fav. Just because it's time to reflect on the year, and what you're thankful for, and being able to hang with your loved ones, but know that you still have X-mas yet to come. Plus, X-mas is for the kids.... not the adults. When we got to my moms, we tried to get a good pic of the kids so we could make GG something cool for X-mas.... Didn't really work out too well. Marc was a super-star, but Aylas is 6 months, and Matty, well, was messing with us on purpose... Here's what we got. Oh wait - I have to add.... after we were done eating, I played with Ayla for a couple hours and did not put her down until after she was asleep. Oh - so much fun. We love her :)

Kinda....
Marc just Loves Ayla. He really does. And he keeps asking for a sister!
Um, no
Dangit - almost
Aylas looks happy
Buggy and A
There's the little princess
Teamwork to change her outfit while she was still happy
Then we tried X-mas card pics
nope
still no.............
It ain't gonna happen
Who's that handsome stud carving the bird?? That's my dad I'll tell you this.... I don't miss those slimy baby cookies
My boys :)
Ayla's first drumstick (I have pics of both my boys with their 1st as well)!!
She's gonna kill me for posting this, but that's what she gets for posing like a freak when I said "smile Molly...." :) She loves me.


So - every year we go to my Mom's in the morning, and then to Donna's later in the afternoon and spend the night. Get up Friday and watch movies and eat leftovers all day. At least once a week Scott and I take the kids over to Donna's and they all play games while I cook up crafty recipes and deserts in the kitchen. I LOVE to cook, it is my most favorites thing - to invent new recipes and entertain. This t-day, all I did was show up and everything was already prepped. It was a nice break, but at the same time.... I was really excited to hop in the kitchen the next day and make something cool. Here are some pics from the latter half of the day...

Dear old Dad
Matty harassing Uncle Peffy
Marc checking in on Grandpa
Scott and Mom
Auntie Donna and Marky
Someone ate too much Turkey..... I never got a chance to put the pillow case on
So did Grandpa........
And Peffy.............
And Scott......................
Princess A was out like a light too back at Nana's... After Auntie Rachey sang her to sleep in her arms :)
Ready to take X-Mas card pics, but where is Marc?
Brothers :)
Seahawk Fans
Blue eyed boys
The Winner... You'll be getting this in the mail soon :)

I didn't cook my bird until Sunday. But I made the best stuffing ever!!! And it was loaded with an onion red wine spread that Moll and I made the previous day. I also rubbed Molly Garlic onion jam on the bird before we roasted it and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.
Molly and I have had fun over the past two months canning stuff. It's such a fun treat to give to people and they really appreciate it. We have made;
Apple Pie Jam
Caramel Apple Jam
Ice Cream topping (Apples, Strawberries and Peaches)
Spicy Pickled Asparagus
Dilly beans
Applesauce
Onion Jam
Hot Salsa
Mild Salsa
Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin Apple Butter
Pickled Pumpkin
ooooh, and my personal fav - Carmel's!! YUMMY - but we didn't can those.

1 comment:

Jessica Zevely said...

Okay, the boys are absolutely gorgeous...and Bethany's little girl is soooooo adorable! Looks like you had a great T-day! And I agree, Christmas is for the kids...it's so much fun to watch them :)